Tuesday, November 18, 2008

no cost to you


Nov 18, 2008
Tuesday Tunes: Week 58
The Meme Mistress is going to a concert tonight, so that's going to be our theme this week.
If money were no object, what band would you see in concert? hmm. hard one. can it be one with a deceased member? your dream band? well, then, the doors.....if they had to be currently alive, well, wilco.
Where were the closest seats you've ever had for a show (that was non-general admission)? I saw both ZZ Top and Peter Gabriel from pretty close up. it was in the 80's and both were great. I was probably in the first 30 rows...I couldn't believe it when ZZ Top spun the guitars like the videos from MTV.
What type of venue do you prefer to see a show? I really like the outdoor theaters...you can choose to sit closer, in a seat, under a pavilion. or the much more fun lawn seats....I grew up near such a place and saw many concerts there...Wham!, Air Supply, the two previously mentioned, Loverboy, U2, Miami Sound Machine, Erasure....am I showing my age yet?

2 comments:

iteach7 said...

I remember that place...now it's an office building or something. My how times change. I went to my very first concert ever there...The Beach Boys. It was raining and we had lawn seats. But it was one of the "funnest" times I've had. I also saw New Kids on the Block and Milli Vanilli there. WOW!!! I can say from those concerts that NKOTB ACTUALLY did their own singing and MV did NOT...this was before the big scandal came out. I couldn't believe they tried to make all of the people think they were singing when they were sprinting--yes sprinting--around the stage chasing each other with swords WHILE they were singing. Yeah, right!

The closest I've sat??? Row 16 at a George Strait music festival. It was an all day event, and we saw performers like Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, LeAnn Womack and Asleep at the Wheel...all for like $50. It was GREAT! George throws his cowboy hat into the audience near the end of the show and it landed like 5 seats away from us. How exciting!

Mom of Three said...

Why and how did I not know about this!?!