Saturday, December 27, 2008

well, how was it?

the holidays, that is. how were they? they were good here. we always seem to take forever to open gifts though. almost every one has to be opened with everyone else watching, waiting.

I made the holiday dinner, too. first time since I have been married...and that has been 14 years. before our kids, we were always at one parents' house or another. once our kids came along, we stayed home. only my mother in law always made dinner...even when we always host the DAY gathering. we go to church on EVE and then over to their house.

she made dinner.

then on the actual holiday, they came over to our house. and...

she still made dinner.

so this year, I offered, without allowing any much resistance. finally, I was granted permission to make dinner. I think my in laws just don't like my cooking because over the years, I could probably count on one hand the times I have made a meal for them.

I could also get into more family dynamics but will resist the urge politely decline to do so.

well, how was it at your house?

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

Good for you!

I hope it made it a little nicer for you.

iteach7 said...

If they don't like your cooking, don't take it personally. I LOVE your cooking!!!!!!!! Your chicken and cheese recipe is out-of-this-world!!!