Wednesday, November 5, 2008

only ten?

come on, I know I am new but only ten of you? what sort of entertainment do you people want?

I am sitting here, thinking of something profound to write as I listen to my son practicing his trumpet in the other room. this is his first year, actually using the same trumpet I played in the fifth through eighth grades. believe it or not, it still works! a little valve oil and off we go. and to top it all off, my husband pulled out an electronic keyboard he has had since before dirt was invented he was much younger. they are using the keyboard to make sure J is in tune. did I sound like him when I first started? hmm..

life.

what about the election results yesterday? whether you voted for Obama or not, this is history. anyone can do anything! he is inheriting a bunch of shit baggage from the current administration but the real question, will he deliver? the one thing that stands out to me from his speech last night in Grant Park is this: he has made no promise to fix the problems right away. he even stated it may not happen during the first term. to me, that is real honesty. why promise something you can't deliver?

I look forward to the future of our country, don't you?

No comments: