I know as parents we are given our children to take care of them, to teach them, to guide them....but why all the worry? my son. he is a bright and gifted child. he, with some things, wants perfection. he worried himself about his grades. yet at other times, he is mediocre with his school work. and to top it off, OCD runs in the family. with the recent death of my grandma, his grandma great, emotions are varied and at times, intense.
j has been known to pull out his eyelashes. he did this once last school year. at first, I couldn't figure out what was different about him. I thought he looked ill... no fever, huh, what was it? then I noticed his eyelashes, or lack there of. all of his top eyelashes were gone! well, yesterday he was home again from school. I ran to the school to pick some work up and he stayed in the car. when I returned, he had pulled almost all of his eyelashes out of his right eye! that must hurt!! and the staying home part....he was sick on monday october 13 and was home the next day from school. and by sick, I mean he threw up....sorry folks. again on monday october 20...I got a call from the school to pick him up as he didn't think he could make it on the bus home. I am glad I went to get him as he would have embarrassed himself bc he threw up before we left the school. home on tuesday the 21. now this week. (the week in between, I joke to my son, he took off. it was our town's halloween parade and trick or treat.) should I be worried? I love him so much and don't want anything to be wrong. you see, on tuesday, my daughter and I met him at the bus stop. we help him carry all of his stuff home. he was immediately crabby, said he had a headache. he laid down...soon there after, he had a break down about grandma great. he pretty much climbed into my lap while I sat on his bed and SOBBED. not cried, but SOBBED. how do ten year olds deal with grief? is it grief, stress he puts on himself, any stress we may put on him unintentionally? could any OCD be a play in this? can his allergies be affecting him, too? is it not cool to blow your nose as a fifth grader and sniff it in all day to just upset your tummy later?
I love my child and want him to be happy and healthy. any suggestions from parents of gifted children with OCD tendencies suffering a recent death?
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment